|Project Name||St Mary & Joseph Church|
Constructed between 1951 and 1954, the St Mary and St Joseph Roman Catholic Church was part of the postwar Lansbury Estate development in Poplar. The original church was bombed during the war, and the site compulsorarily purchased by the LCC for the first phase of the Lansbury project. In return, the LCC provided a site for a new church. Today we provide scaffold to carry out roofline repairs including guttering on this monumental design.